Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
nigelbainbridge
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

JUST JOINED.

Post by nigelbainbridge »

HI JUST JOINED YESTERDAY BUT HAD MY MOGGY FOR FIVE YEARS OR MORE,ITS TWO DOOR SALOON GREEN WITH A 1275`cc.WITH TWIN CARBS.THE SEATS HAVE BEEN RECOVERED COST £241 PITTY I HARDLY USE IT GRANDSON SPENDS MORE TIME IN IT THAN ME.BEING A MECHANIC/MANAGER SEE ENOUGH OF CARS THROUGH THE DAY .REALY YOU NEED A LOT OF SPARE TIME AND I HAVE NOT GOT THAT LUXURY.THESE ARE GREAT LITTLE CARS IM 51 AND HAVE GROWN UP WITH THESE CARS HAD VANS, PICKUPS ,ETC .THE CAR AT THE MOMENT IS BURIED UNDER MOTORHOME PARTS MY PROJECT AT THIS MOMENT OR I WOULD HAVE POSTED A PIC.THERE IS 1955 split screen for sale at DURHAM AUTO SPARES .THATS DARLINGTON CO DURHAM I SAW IT ON TUESDAY IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR ONE. :) LONG LIVE THE MOGGY.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
Last edited by nigelbainbridge on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Re: JUST JOINED.

Post by aupickup »

welcome aboard :D :D :D :D :D :D
kjm
Minor Addict

Post by kjm »

you are very welcome :D

nigelbainbridge
Minor Friendly

NICE MOTORS ,JUST BOUGHT KATY ANYTHING FOR A GOOD CAUSE . :) :)
Jefftav
Minor Addict

Post by Jefftav »

Hi NIgel, welcome and post some pics when you get a chance. Tyoing in UPPERCASE is sometimes regarded as shouting by folk so you might want to turn off the caps lock. All the best and you should once the weather improves you should get your Morris out of the garage.
nigelbainbridge
Minor Friendly

Ok i will try to remember to turn my caps lock off didnt realise its shouting thanks for advising me.im enjoying the reading the flush conversation is interesting.
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

hi welcome to the mad world .
[sig]5641[/sig]
nigelbainbridge
Minor Friendly

PICKUP PAST

Ive been sat here reading and just remembed one night we were going to a disco at the C & B near reeth not far from tan hill.We were giong over the stang travelling from barnard castle in a morris pickup there was at least 7 of us as we came to the steepest part the little engine started struggling and all of a sudden we were going back down the hill.wish i had had a camera showing us all jumping out and helping it up the hill that would be about 1977 wonder if that motor is still around.Then my mate had a saloon jacked up wide wheels nice paint job looked a real muscle car police used to pull him to ask to see what motor it had in to there dissapointment it just had a bog standard 1000cc lump .memories wish the light nights were here .Heres the road 21st feb this year went to tan hill only one on the road,, in a discovery walked in the pub landlord said Are You Mad but i had no problem gettiing served.[frame]Image[/frame]
Blades
Minor Fan

Post by Blades »

Nice Photograph Nigel

We go up to Reeth about twice a year

My favourite part of the Dales

Nick
[sig]9332[/sig]
SteveandKelly
Minor Fan

Post by SteveandKelly »

Welcome Nigel, Happy motoring... :D

nigelbainbridge
Minor Friendly

Blades wrote:Nice Photograph Nigel

We go up to Reeth about twice a year

My favourite part of the Dales

Nick
i got some great photos it was once in lifetime ride out.i actualy travelled from bowes to tan hill if you are over that way you will see the signpost bowes 7 miles not recomended for cars though some beutifull views.[frame]Image[/frame]
Blades
Minor Fan

Post by Blades »

Nigel

Nice one, the last time we went past Tan Hill, the road we were on was only wide enough for one car, when about thirty Harley Davison bikes went past

It was quite a sight

Nick
[sig]9332[/sig]
nigelbainbridge
Minor Friendly

Did you know the artic monkeys played at tan hill last year they are from your part of the woods wish i had been there.Do you go to reeth in you morris ?.i have a friend who goes to most local shows with his traveller.mine is not as origonal.
Blades
Minor Fan

Post by Blades »

Nigel

Yeah, the Monekys are from Sheffield, they own a pub just round the corner from where i work, it's not bad, the best thing about that pub is they sell Black Sheep

At the moment i am in the middle of saving up, i want to get one that is in good condition rather than a project as at the moment my mechanical skill leave a lot to be desired

I come on here not only as it is an excellent site but to learn from all the experts to build up my knowledge

Nick
[sig]9332[/sig]
nigelbainbridge
Minor Friendly

im sure you will get a descent one maybe someone on here will have one or know of one ,idont know if i wil use mine this year it is t&t but i decided to sand acouple of blemishes off and then started a motorhome project so it has got buried in the garage as in photo.i love that black sheep have been to the brewery.when i was younger i used to show tractors with a old chap god bless his sole and we were there for a weekend had to drive the tractor around the field with a blinding headache .[frame]Image[/frame]
nigelbainbridge
Minor Friendly

[frame]Image[/frame]as you can se its a bit dusty dont know why pics are so big i hav %50 reduced them on resize
nigelbainbridge
Minor Friendly

[frame]Image[/frame]1275 tc engine only have standard exhaust pops back a bit but goes ok.
Blades
Minor Fan

Post by Blades »

Nigel

Nice car, it will look good once it is all up and running, I still have a way to go with the savings but one day i will be there

When ever i see an old car whether it is a Morris Minor or other that needs some work on it, i just want to put my arms around it and tell it, it will be better soon! (Bit sad)

We have been round the Black Sheep brewery in Masham as well, it is a good day out . I know what you mean about head aches, it is a very nice easy drink and easy to have too much!

Looking forward to our next visit, getting in the Kings Arms and having a pint

Nick
[sig]9332[/sig]
nigelbainbridge
Minor Friendly

THE FIRST PICTURE OF MY CAR IS A OLDER PHOTO BUT THE CAR IS ONLY DUSTY IN THE GARAGE LOOKS WORSE THAN IT IS.I WONDER IF ANYONE RECOGNISES THE REG AS THERE IS A MMOC STICKER ON THE WINDOW WHICH WAS ON WHEN I BOUGHT ITFIVE YEARS AGO.
nigelbainbridge
Minor Friendly

KATY

Just to say received katy very pleased not that it will ever come out of the box it will go with my 32 others all never been out of boxes guess at 51 im not going to play with them.