Two door saloon conversation to a Tourer

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Blodwin
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Two door saloon conversation to a Tourer

Post by Blodwin »

Ive decided to take the plunge and restore this rather sad 1963 two door and turn it into a Tourer. m at the rust assessment stage at the moment and there is plenty of it. I will not be able to carry out the conversation until all of the bad areas are made good and then sort out the strengthening of the sill area. having resored two Minors previously htis will be by far the most challenging. ny useful tips/advice would be most welcome. I wll post more pics as the project progresses. :lol:[frame]Image[/frame]
Fingolfin
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Two door saloon conversation to a Tourer

Post by Fingolfin »

Wow! That's rather bad, at least compared to that with which I've got to contend. I wish you luck, my friend!

I personally have never understood how anyone can chop up a good two-door into a convertible...but to each his own, I s'pose. Again, I wish you luck. I'm not sure I can be much help to you, but keep us all posted of your progress and I'll help where I can. :wink: Post some more photos! It's always helpful to everyone to see the insides of a Minor.
The way to a man's heart may be making food, but the way to my heart is buying me car parts!
Come read about my Minor at An American Moggie.