Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Grip
MMOC Member: No

Help-Splitscreen question.

Post by Grip »

Hi all.
I am a newby on here and could use some help please.
Can anyone tell me if a splitscreen sreen has any kind of trim on the inside , other than the rubber surround.
As I have a seires of smale screw holes runing all the way round my screen .
I haven't seen any such for sale on any of the trade sites.

Big thanks to all Grip.[/img][/quote]
callyspoy
Minor Legend

Post by callyspoy »

hi grip, my split screen doesn't, i'm pretty sure that is normal! but i'm also sure someone will correct me!
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

It should just have a chrome filler strip screwed to the inside of the centre post. Nothing around the outer edges.
WPR678B
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by WPR678B »

Welung666 wrote:It should just have a chrome filler strip screwed to the inside of the centre post. Nothing around the outer edges.
Unless it is an early Series MM Lowlight, in which case it did originally have a metal strip screwed in place around the inside of the rubber as per the series of holes you are describing. :D
alainmoran
Minor Addict

Post by alainmoran »

Sheesh ... there is SO much information about morris minors that people have held in their heads ... when people exit the scene that info could be lost (OK so some of it is here in the forum, but searching it is decidely sub-optimal)

What does anyone think about setting up a wiki for this kind of info?

I can probably talk atlassian out of a community license for confluence, and I dare say talk my boss out of hosting it on our servers, however it would need a commitment from users who are in the know to add the data.

This could be anything from tutorials on how to add flashing indicators to trafficator electricals, to what colour paints are valid for what year.

I should probably mention that I work for a company http://www.adaptavist.com that hosts confluence sites and also develops a theming application which could be used to make the wiki fit within the existing design. We also develop a piece of social networking software (like myspace, but better) which might be useful in some form ... perhaps each local club could have it's own community which web-members sign up to?

What is the status of the MMOC ... is it registered as an NPO? (non profit-making organisation)
alainmoran
Minor Addict

Post by alainmoran »

I probably shouldnt also mention this ... since it might put some people's backs up ... but .. using the builder software would allow ANYONE (who has been given permissions) to edit the entire website :o

I'm working on an MMOC skin at the moment, however ... IMO it could be considerably improved :o
alainmoran
Minor Addict

Post by alainmoran »

OK, so here is a quick bash at an MMOC skin

http://www.adaptavist.com/display/MMOC/Home

I havent put any real content in there, and it is ALL editable by users who have the valid permissions (permissions are assignable by page-root ... hey this is an 'enterprise' solution here, Sun Microsystems, Intel, IBM etc use our software)

The menu could use further customisation, however when it is done, if you add a new page then it will AUTOMATICALLY be added into the menu ;) (You can see what I mean by holding your mouse over the 'view' menu at the bottom)

I've spoken to my boss, and he is happy to either give us a single space for free within our existing site (ie as it is now) or give us 3 months free trial in our own container (£240 per year hosting therafter)

Our own container would allow us to utilise bubbles (another one of the products I code) which would give us the ability to setup separate spaces (akin to websites) for each of the branches and allow individual users to become members of those branches (like myspace/facebook)
Last edited by alainmoran on Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
alex_holden
Minor Legend

Post by alex_holden »

It's been suggested several times. Rob Jennings set one up a few months ago but it used some weird software that didn't work properly in my web browser, then I think it disappeared entirely. I offered to host a Mediawiki on my server (I already have one on a different topic) but there didn't seem to be much interest.

BTW I believe the MMOC is a limited company.
ImageImage
Alex Holden - http://www.alexholden.net/
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer.
svantemann
Minor Friendly

Re: Help-Splitscreen question.

Post by svantemann »

Grip wrote:Hi all.
I am a newby on here and could use some help please.
Can anyone tell me if a splitscreen sreen has any kind of trim on the inside , other than the rubber surround.
As I have a seires of smale screw holes runing all the way round my screen .
I haven't seen any such for sale on any of the trade sites.

Big thanks to all Grip.[/img]
[/quote]

Hi Grip

Hallo and welcome here.

Inside trim round split frontscreen was discontinued at car no. RHD 26102 / LHD 10607.
My 1949 model has this trim round the split frontscreen.
Hope this can help you.

regards
Svantemann
dave1949
Minor Fan

Post by dave1949 »

im not really into IT

but i seem to get the morris chariot model :roll: :roll:
Grip

Post by Grip »

Thanks to those who replied to my question , in particular wrp698b.
It is an early mm lolight screen.
Any idea where I can get one.
TTFN. Grip.