Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
callyspoy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

speedo cable

Post by callyspoy »

hi guys, if you noticed my other thread, ive just converted my box and engine..problem is, the speedo cable has been glued into the new box(!!!) so i was going to try and use it, no chance, too short, makes sense really! so i need to purchase a new speedo cable to gearbox thing(yes technical name would be appreciated!) but i looked on esm, and i cant find one, so i was wondering if anyone else knew where i could find one...
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

I think you mean the speedo drive in the gearbox? Try giving someone like ESM a call as they have loads of 2nd hand parts floating about.
Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

I may have a spare cable if you need one. I'll try and dig it out tomorrow and if I'm working in Pompey on tuesday I'll drop it in if that's what you need. Just give me the nod (oh, and an house number too :wink: )
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
callyspoy
Minor Legend

Post by callyspoy »

hi pete, once again your offer is hugely appreciated, but i have managed to work it all out in the end, took about 2hours but it works! thanks anyway...i just posted a new thread asking help with getting the speedo to get the correct speed...it has gone crazy since "fixing" it. although it is considerably quicker, i somehow do not think the car could do 45mph in second without pushing it hard! please help if you can!