MMOC Member: No

Post by bigginger »

Hear hear.
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

you can stop the kids and chancers from nicking your motors
but professional car theives will just drive up with a low loader, with a garage name on teh side, or sinialar, and they will be wearing overalls, so all intense and purposes will look like mechanics, and look quite legit
wibble_puppy
Minor Legend

Post by wibble_puppy »

Well said, Daniel.
Robins wrote:I do lock my cars when at a show! Have you actually sat in your car at a show and watched the kids walking round? it's terrible, they climb all over cars, leave sticky finger prints and try opening doors while the parents are either nowhere to be seen or just stand there and gawp at them. And you'd be surprised how many adults that want to look under a bonnet so will quite happily just help themselfs if no one is about.
Think I'll be leaving sticky fingers on that van if you bring it to a rally I'm at 8)
mal
Minor Addict

Theft prevention methods

Post by mal »

:lol: :lol:
I do lock my cars when at a show! Have you actually sat in your car at a show and watched the kids walking round? it's terrible, they climb all over cars, leave sticky finger prints and try opening doors while the parents are either nowhere to be seen or just stand there and gawp at them.
Glad I live up north then if that's the crack down south :wink:
It's all very well Mal to say just get insurance and make do. But some of us like Juliet said have put so much in to our cars they are part of us, mainly time effort and hard earned money that insurance just isn't enough.
You aint seen my cars and all the work, money and time I spend on them but one thing I don't do is worry about them.... you do what turns you on :wink:

Mal
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

:D