Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Fingolfin
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Colour Chart

Post by Fingolfin »

Nice swatches, Lippy! But I see a few Minor colors missing -- the maroons come to mind.

Perhaps a silly question, but -- can the original paint color be told from the car number, or any of the other numbers in a Minor? My car has been repainted at some point in its history. I'm quite fond of the new color, but I'd just like to know. :wink:
The way to a man's heart may be making food, but the way to my heart is buying me car parts!
Come read about my Minor at An American Moggie.

KatiePotatie
Minor Fan

Post by KatiePotatie »

I had to revive this thread, I apologise! I am baffled as to what colour Martha is. I thought she was smoke grey, but that looks too...grey. Honolulu blue?

ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

It looks Smoke Grey to me BUT as a lot of cars are resprayed these days in 2Pack rather than the original cellulose the colour may change a bit. It does look as if it has had a recent respray as the rear lights (which should be chrome) have been painted - probably to save the cost of buying new lights as these are very expensive.! Nice looking car :D

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
KatiePotatie
Minor Fan

Post by KatiePotatie »

Thank you! :D
ronnie
Minor Fan

Post by ronnie »

hi , i have experienced the problem with trafalgar blue too. the touch up can i bought from the moggy dealer was nothing like my colour < i put it down to wear on my paintwork over the years but now maybe not :-?
ronnie
moggiethouable
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by moggiethouable »

KatiePotatie wrote:I had to revive this thread, I apologise! I am baffled as to what colour Martha is. I thought she was smoke grey, but that looks too...grey. Honolulu blue?

Did you find out the right colour?, because my 65 is supposed to be smoke grey blue, but when resprayed before I bought her came out lighter.
I know this because I tried to touch up a few minor tin worm spots and smoke grey blue is slightly darker.
I also wondered if bermuda blue was closer.
Yours looks "bluer" than mine though :-?
Where angels fear to tread
ronnie
Minor Fan

Post by ronnie »

Hi all the colour of my car is tradalgar blue . I got touch up paint from moss but nothing like mine but looking at your chart my colour more resembles riviera blue . Can you still get riviera blue ??
whyperion
Minor Fan

Post by whyperion »

Is KFL a re-reg Looks clipper blue but that was only on the 948s ( clipper blue paint code is still on the computer at my local paint factors )
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Seen this car "in person" It was Smoke Grey. I think it depends on the light/camera when the picture was taken.

My own Convertible is Clipper Blue (darker and greyer than Smoke Grey) but in my post picture it looks really bright.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
sudburypaul
Minor Friendly

Post by sudburypaul »

My 1956 Series 2 is a sort of grey/greeney/blue. Does anyone know what shades of grey they were painted in that year, or where I will find a colour code somewhere on the car? I've seen one recently in clarendon grey and not convinced that was quite the same as mine - which is admittedly rather faded...

Cheers, Paul
sudburypaul
Minor Friendly

Post by sudburypaul »

Just found the potteries mmoc car identifier chart - excellent resource. I'm pretty sure it is clarendon grey.

Paul
Terry Morland

Post by Terry Morland »

Seeking Colour chart to confirm. Need Mist Green 2383 or Empire Green 2509 for 1952 Morris MM. Can anybody help ?

terry@morlands.me.uk
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Mist green is quite a light colour, something like peppermint green, heres a pic of one

http://potteries.mmoc.org.uk/Members_Cars/Cams_MM.JPG

Empire green is much darker

http://seriesmm.mmoc.org.uk/Members_car ... _small.JPG

Too many Minors so little time.....
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Here is a link to some BMC colour charts: http://www.mgexp.com/article/bmc-paint.html

Eric - 1971 Traveller
chuffit
Minor Friendly

Post by chuffit »

So now I've confused myself :-? Can anyone tell me the colour of my 1967 four door ?[frame]Image[/frame]

Fairford,Glos
Enjoy life in the slow lane buy a minor
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Looks like Dove Grey to me. Red interior? GR26 ICI paint code 3346

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Since there is NO colour chart at the beginning of this thread - can one be added?
ImageImage
Ashton. E

Post by Ashton. E »

G'day,

This is my first post as a 16 year old Australian Morris Minor owner. There has been a question bugging me about my Morris and that is the paint colour. The colour is Bambra Grey and i waas wondering if this colour was only existent in Australia ? I cannot find and or match the colour to any on the swatches nor any other searches on Google or for that matter any other car painted in the colour? The car- it is a 1958 Morris Minor 1000 , 4 Door saloon. The Body No. matches the builders plates and so there for the colour seems official. I have been told it is a rare colour, so i would be interested if that is true or not.

Any information will be gratefully accepted.

Ashton
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

Morris Minors built in Australia did indeed have their own unique Australian colour range of which we in the UK know very little.
There won't be much help from the UK I'm afraid but there will be Australian members and enthusiasts who can help I'm sure.
Good luck with it :) .
Ashton. E

Post by Ashton. E »

Cheers,

Yeah i have asked around in a few places and i haven't had much luck. I have looked at Australian colour charts for the Minors that i could find as well. Anyway thanks for the reply anyway, really appreciated!

Ashton