what is this off???

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
picky
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

what is this off???

Post by picky »

Here are some pictures of an old inlet manifold ive unearthed in the garage, It doesnt fit the A series, as the inlets are too far apart, and appears to be suitable for a HS2 carburetor. any ideas as to what it fits? It appears to be have one inlet longer than the other.

1969 Four door Saloon Old English White 1275 with ported head and HS4 carb. Wolseley 1500 front brakes. Currently off the road with a leaky master cylinder!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

cant see the pictures so cant offer a suggestion.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
pim123
Minor Fan

Post by pim123 »

no pics ...
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-8/1204893/morrispim2oud.jpg[/img]
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

a twin carb mani with the inlets slightly further apart suggests the triumph lump! so a spitty prehaps?
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
picky
Minor Addict

Post by picky »

my server is offline... router has blown a transformer. will post again when back online, hopefully soon :o
1969 Four door Saloon Old English White 1275 with ported head and HS4 carb. Wolseley 1500 front brakes. Currently off the road with a leaky master cylinder!
Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

Oooo. that's a curious one. My attention keeps being drawn to that bar with the adjustable arms that look like rockers. I can't believe the arm rotates though; the aluminium casting and steel rod would make a poor bearing. The casting is finned whick suggests it's handling forced induction. Is it part of a supercharger installation for a 'V' engine?
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
RogerRust
Minor Legend

Post by RogerRust »

Its a thing or beauty - how about polishing it and useing it as a candle holder!! :lol:

This message board is like a family - you can't choose the other members!! But remember engine oil is thicker than water.
picky
Minor Addict

Post by picky »

the rod does rotate, I assume its part of a throttle linkage. Yes the fins do give it an unusual appearance, im wondering if its an aftermarket manifold, for something... would like it to go to someone who would make use of it, preferably not as a candleholder!! I will measure it in a little more detail perhaps. dam server still offline though :o
badfelafel
Minor Addict

Post by badfelafel »

thats an exciting looking one!

Barry, Miriam, Ellie, Maia and the Morris