NEC Classic Motor Show : 27th–29th October 2006

To share thoughts, ideas and inspirations on the subject of councours, judging and how to restore your Minor to showroom condition
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Judge
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

NEC Classic Motor Show : 27th–29th October 2006

Post by Judge »

Meguiar’s have accepted the opportunity to be a headline sponsor of this year’s event and to introduce a major new show feature, The Meguiar’s Club Showcase 2006, for which I am pleased to announce that the MMOC has been invited to enter its top scoring Grand Masters car.

The Meguiar’s Club Showcase will offer visitors to the show an opportunity to see the year’s best car from each participating marque, as chosen by that marques club judges.

They hope that this will become an annual event that provides a grand finale to the UK classic show season. The following are just a few of their baseline plans:-

The Meguiar’s Club Showcase 2006 will feature 16 cars from 16 different marques. They anticipate that up to 12 marques will be featured regularly every year and these will be joined by 4 or more smaller marques selected on an annual basis.

Cars will only be invited to appear once. If a car wins its marque event in subsequent years, the club will be invited to send an alternative in its place.

Cars will be judged by independent experts who will select a “Champion of Champions”. Only one overall winner’s trophy will be presented but all owners will receive a formal memento of their participation.

Further details will follow at a later date, but in the meantime please make a note of the dates, and if possible make a visit to the show.

Bill Hewlett

MMOC Chief Concours Judge & Committee Member
blueangelical
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by blueangelical »

Meguiar’s
- I use their stuff on the Snail, good stuff.., lovely wax smells :wink:
[img]http://freespace.virgin.net/tim.heald/maniac/pictures/snail2.jpg[/img]
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

You'll be coming then :-? :D
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

For those of you that are interested, more details have now been published in this weeks Classic Car Weekly.
RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

We at the Minor LCV Register will be having a GPO PO Minor stand, some good stuff on display 2 rubber wingers, series II and 2 series Vs, obe of whihc is a driving intructor used by the Royal Mail, complete with dual controls

Come over and have a chat with us if you are going

See ya there
Russell Harvey
Minor LCV Register Historian
Freelance Motoring Journalist
http://www.Minorlcvreg.co.uk

Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

I certainly will :D I hope that you and a few other messageboard users will also show your support to Richard on the Meguiar's stand, and Len & Fred at Gaydon.
RogerRust
Minor Legend

Post by RogerRust »

bump .... just bringing this back up in time for the show.

This message board is like a family - you can't choose the other members!! But remember engine oil is thicker than water.
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

Thanks Roger. I shall be there on Sunday, perhaps we could meet up. I shall be giving my support to our concours entrant on the Meguiar's stand, and I have also promised Russell that I would pay the LCV Register stand a visit.