Things that make you go AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Hubert
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Things that make you go AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Post by Hubert »

POMMReg wrote:Automatic lights/wipers?

Is a simple ON/OFF switch REALLY too complicated?!
Automatic lights are one of the few "modern" extras which I am happy to have on my daily driver. There is quite a number of tunnels in our area, there are alone four on the main road towards the west of my home village. And while I never forgot to switch the lights on when entering the tunnel, I usually forgot to switch them off after the tunnel. That made oncoming drivers flash at me - and me wondering whether I am approaching a speed check :oops:

With the automatioc lights I know I now needn't worry about this, therefore, no AAARRRRGGGHHH for this feature.

Cheers
Hubert
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

I would have NEVER thought to use my fingers to switch on the lights and wipers whilst
driving at night or in wet weather!!

Explains why I crashed 24 times travelling from Cheltenham to Gloucester!

Amazing this new technology!!!!! :D
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

I've always said that if you can't see that it's raining, and know to turn on the wipers, then you shouldn't be driving :o It's annoying when driving an occasional modern to find that the wash switch makes the wipers run for two or three wipes, regardless of whether water went on to the screen or not, and despite that fact that one less wipe would have been fine.