Pedro, my 1970 morris minor (MODIFIED)

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
phurn
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Pedro, my 1970 morris minor (MODIFIED)

Post by phurn »

can i join the race? im going for a 2.9 ford v6... gonna take me a long time! but it should be worth it. gonna look alot more subtle than your motors though, from what i can tell and have planned anyway.
hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

the more the merrier :D :D mines guna take a while anyway due to a few changes lately 8)
freshly painted 1275cc anda very loud big bore exhaust
phurn
Minor Fan

Post by phurn »

Yeah I've setmyself a time scale of 2 or 3 years though knowing me it'l take 3 times that. The efi will be a pain in the proverbial to wire up, but the 195bhp will be worth it I hope.
hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

mine should hopefully have 120 bhp to start with haha, not a lot but more then a 1275 cc :D
freshly painted 1275cc anda very loud big bore exhaust
rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

as i may not be going 4-age anymore im thinking 200bhp zetec... :D
...............................................ЯR................................................

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

still waiting for the suspension :(
jono said it should be here soon
...............................................ЯR................................................

Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

Lets hope so, cant wait to see it all coming together. Any progress on the engine front yet? Made a decision?
___Anne___

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

not yet, no. :P my heads all over the place engine wise, i have too many choices atm, and im finding it tough to narrow it down :lol:

ratrodmog
Minor Fan

Post by ratrodmog »

Same here :roll: . I'm torn between a Vauxhall 'Red Top', Nissan CA twin cam (probably the 1.8 ), Toyota twin cam and some other as well :lol: .
Last edited by ratrodmog on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bash's Speed Shop
rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

ive been hugely considering ford sierra cosworth engine :P it would be hard to do but deffinatly possible, and ive just had an email from jono and my suspension was sent today and ill get it tommorow :D WOOOHOOO!!!!

ratrodmog
Minor Fan

Post by ratrodmog »

Pics asap the please 8) :wink:
Bash's Speed Shop
rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

okie dokie, suspension arrived yesterday :D so today i striped the front end down which wasnt too far away from being seized up. i will finish dismantling tommorow and restore what i need and then purchase a welder, =/ i need to weld rear suspension and obviously front suspension, but as my welds havnt got great penetration i may have to hire someone :( more expense!!! i will upload pics as soon as i find my camera :P

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

thought id use the phone camera for a change, but quality is horrid!!!

so this is current state of my garage :( would help if my whole family didnt use the garage as a tip :evil: but thats what you get for not really working on it in a few months[frame]Image[/frame]

this is the front coil overs and the rear dampers[frame]Image[/frame]

quality of this picture is really bad, but i dismantled the front nearside suspension, clean up the king pin, degreased and decraped, and i bolted on to the coilover kit just as a mock up really[frame]Image[/frame]

i should be able to upload more pics as soon as my friend comes round with his good camera

Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

Looking very nice, rather jealous.
___Anne___

ratrodmog
Minor Fan

Post by ratrodmog »

Freekin' sweet 8)
Bash's Speed Shop
rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

its not alot to be jelous about... yet ;) my current aim is to get suspension on brakes on and wheels on before i leave for uni in august, i think its do-able aslong as i pull my finger out.

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

right, a smallish update, today i got bored and desided to actually make some progress.
so i finished my axle rebuild.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

i left the diff casing and diff as ill be changing it once i deside what sized wheels im going to use, i did have some alloys but got rid of them after deciding i didnt like them.

i have the leaf springs so soon i will marry the axle to the springs and put it on pedro, then get some ford wheels from a scrappy.

i lost my job too so money is going to be crap now :( so there shouldnt be a HUGE amount of progress, but some :)

Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

Looking good, shame about the job :( Best of luck finding another one. Also let me know about the diff when you do as i may be interested, as i currently have a 4.11 i think.
___Anne___

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

yeah finding one is a pain at the moment, i only need it for a few months then im off to uni, which will mean even less progress on my car. plus it will be a while til i get rid of that diff i think as im not going to need a new one for a while.

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

:D my mum has bought me a welder for my 18th which is on the 19th, so after the 19th there should in theory be alot of progress :D :lol: