Pedro, my 1970 morris minor (MODIFIED)

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Pedro, my 1970 morris minor

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

2800 for a zetec dont sound too bad? There nearly a grand more from jlh, but since brand new engine is about £700, with carbs i recon/ hope it could be a cheapish option. And the mx5 i can understand as it has rwd gearbox, so with custom mounts and prop it should be do able, but bear in mind rebuild costs for that engine. And an rx8? rotary ****** engine? sounds very very interesting..
___Anne___

chrisryder
Minor Legend

Post by chrisryder »

there is a guy on the Minor Mania forum who has fitted an RX7 engine to his minor, and one of the current Beardmore Bros projects is fitting a minor body on a homemade chassis with MX5 bits thrown in. Basically a slightly better job that 'cut off the mazda body and weld on a minor body where it touches'.

both very interesting projects to read up on, i imagine the mazda fit would be of more use as that's gone into a standard minor body rather than building a ground-up chassis.
hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

2800 is jlh's price for the zetec but the 1.3 ****** engine is 6 speed manual and 240 bhp and u got to rev it high which I like, wornt cost much to rebuild the mx5 engine I know someone fitting one into a ford pop, 450bhp turbo not had to change anything on the engine, they were built for turbos but never had them fitted,I can't afford 2800 and the mx5 bein 2 grand cheaper guess what I'm guna pik ;)
freshly painted 1275cc anda very loud big bore exhaust
rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

that sounds like an excellent project, i cant wait to slam my 4-age into pedro, i only really want about 200 BHP but if i want i could easily tune the 4age to get more from it, we shall race in the future ;) meet you on the drag strip :P
...............................................ЯR................................................

hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

Mine will only be 200 to start with but it has potential to get more :) and ur on !! When there both finished haha
rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

sounds good to me!!! :P shame mine is going to take along time to complete :( starting a 4year course at uni next year so not much money income meaning not alot of work getting done, im working against the clock to get as much done within the next year.
...............................................ЯR................................................

hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

Mines guna take a lot longer then I thought :-/ what's size wheels are u usin ?
Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

Can i join in the race? :P Looking at almost 200 bhp probably zetec. And i know about long term projects, in my 1st year at uni, i hope to get her finished by the end, so 2 and a half more years at least to go :P.
___Anne___

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

yeah sure!!! and i was going to have 17's but i spoke to jono from jlh and he said that bigger wheels mean crap acceleration but high top speed and opposite for smaller wheels, so now im not sure what size to have becuase i need to calculate what diff would be best but im not sure what i want, either top speed or accelleration. so to be fair, i havnt got a clue!!! :P

hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

but with 200 bhp dosnt really matter he said to me about that but they look amazin, ive gone for these[frame]Image[/frame] already payed and should have them on friday or monday :D

and a race with us 3 diffrent engines but simular bhp that would be fun
hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

just found out on google right a standard moggy wheel with a 155/80/14 tyre has a rolling radious of 1841mm and my 17" with 205/40/17 has a radious of 1817 mm and the Static rolling radius is 275mm standard and 280mm for the 17" so theres isnt really much diffrance !!!! i think thats right anyway :D
rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

well in that case!!! 17's it is then :P and they look pretty smart!!!

hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

i hope they suit the car, they wornt cheap lol and not gettin cheap tyres
GAS
Minor Fan

Post by GAS »

Are you flairing out the front wings to get 7" under...
ImageImage
rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

i have jlh 2" widend wings in my loft for whenever im ready for bodywork parts

hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

i got brand new standard wing im guna modify my self for a cleaner look :D
rossrox
Minor Fan

Re: Pedro, my 1970 morris minor (MODIFIED)

Post by rossrox »

THANKS TO Hendy1201 for taking all pedros old engine, axles, suspension off my hands, will clean my garage abit now, but atleast i have room to move about now thank god!!! i think i shall be jacking up front end and taking apart all suspension, steering rack and other parts, and sanding, red lead primering and then stone chipping what ever is needed, so finally theres progress to be had with pedro, will take pictures for any followers.

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

no sign of the suspension as of yet, jono did mention it may be a tad late =/ cant wait to fit it all :D

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

spoken to jono and he has said that i wont get the suspension until the new year, because they have desided to bring forward the newer upgraded kit, so perhaps its a good thing???

Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

Well if you're getting a newer better kit cant complain really!
___Anne___