Pedro, my 1970 morris minor (MODIFIED)

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
rossrox
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Pedro, my 1970 morris minor

Post by rossrox »

its a pug 306, on my mums insurance, not that i want one but for me to insure a vauxhall corsa :x yuk yuk yuk :x would be £3300 insurance went up alot this year!!!, rolling resto on a moggy with about 160bhp for a 17 year old??? HAHAHA now that would be tre expensive :P
...............................................ЯR................................................

Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

You've got the 4age fitted then? how was it to fit? Mr2 engine? Gearbox?
___Anne___

MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

Anything for a 17 year old male will be expensive because it tends to take an accident or two before they realise that they, and their cars, aren't indestructible.

This doesn't apply too all teenagers, but it gives the insurance companies a reason to charge high premiums until the hormones wear off.

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

You're much better off buying another minor rather than a modern car, it will save you a fortune. I have one minor for running daily (have for last year and a half) and one under restoration, I'd dread to think how much more it would have cost me to buy and run a corsa or a pug instead not to mention how much less fun it would have been!
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

GeorgeHurst
Minor Addict

Post by GeorgeHurst »

Yeah man, I second that... if your looking at £2800 to insure a 306 you might as well buy a minor (or a mini for that matter) that is in roadworthy condition and insure it for about £400 with Footman James. £2800 for insurance is a joke!
[sig]3218[/sig]<br/>
'Morris' - 1966 1098cc 2dr salloon
rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

ok getting very close for my rear suspension now, nearly have enough money for it! :D
...............................................ЯR................................................

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

right, ive stopped spending my money now after a few thousand for my new car, insurance, servicing and tax :( but hopefully end of this month i should have ordered my rear suspension, which is totally awesome!

Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

Glad your back to the build :) What suspension mods are you having? Other than the radius arm kit?
___Anne___

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

im going with JLH's turreted rear suspension, as for the front im going JLH's coilovers, but fingers crossed, next month i should have the suspension so can get on with that, all depends on wether or not i got my pay rise at work :lol:

Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

Wow, going to be a cracking handling car when your finished, and with the 4-age should fly! You must have a good job to be affording all this.. Best of luck with it all :D
___Anne___

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

aslong as i get paid, this time tommorow i will have bought and paid for my suspension :D

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

spoken to jono and he said yesterday that i should get my order before 4 today :D so fingers crossed i will be fitting pedros, BRAND new suspension :D im extremely excited about this, finally some sort of progress with my car!!!

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

recieved the kit from JLH at quarter to 9 in the morning, super fast delivery!!! now to try and fit it, it all looks a bit confusing but hopefully i will get my head around it!!!

d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

I have to say, Jonathon is a top bloke when it comes to this stuff and he is the ONLY trader I would trust my car with.

GAS
Minor Fan

Post by GAS »

Pictures :D
ImageImage
rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

right not had an update in a while now which saddens and sickens me.
so i got my rear suspension which is good but i have been waiting for a welder which im getting from my mum as a christmas present, but this next bit is cheering me up... as soon as i get paid this month i am also buying front suspension, which is the coil over kit from JLH :D

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

GREAT NEWS!!! front coil over suspension from JLH has been paid for :D

hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

what are the rear drums, i was told mine were 8" capri but dnt know what year lol also the clylinders and fitting kit

did u say u got off ebay

and i only went for the front damper kit even though im havin a big engine :-? get sum piks up when u get it

cheers
freshly painted 1275cc anda very loud big bore exhaust
rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

mine are 9" drums and yeah i got all parts from fleabay and werent too expensive.

ill post pics up as soon as i can, except jono says that they will be abit late but should hopefully get them before XMAS :) what engine are you going for???

hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

started out as a zetec then that wend out the window with the 2800 price tag, them a superchaged a series, then that went out the window with its 3 grand price tag so its either a mx5 enigne (800 quid for the whole car) or rx8 engine not sure yet
freshly painted 1275cc anda very loud big bore exhaust