no auto log-in

Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bigginger
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Post by bigginger »

Didn't Bilbo Gates make a big fuss about it being an integral part of the OS? If that's true, probably not...
But be aware that some web pages won't work on it...
...but far fewer (on the Mac, at any rate) than those which don't work properly on IE - but development of IE for Mac did stop a while ago :-)
Last edited by bigginger on Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onne

Post by Onne »

It is for him I think....
Onne van der S. MMOCno 60520 Moderator
2dr 1971 White DAF 55 (with hopefully a 1600cc engine soon)
2dr 1973 Bergina (DAF 44)
2dr Estate 1975 DAF 46 in red
2dr saloon 1972 DAF 44 in Mimosa
Packedup
Minor Legend

Post by Packedup »

Onne wrote: Can I just remove IE completely from my PC?
I think the Microsoft answer is no, and IE is integrated very tightly with XP as far as I know. Plus there are still sites which don't work too well (or at all) with Firefox because although html is meant to be a cross platform standard, it sometime isn't, well, standard :(

I run Firefox for 99% of the time, but fall back to IE for the once in a while times a site doesn't work properly. If you're bothered I think the Firefox team can be notified of sites that don't work with it, and they'll do what they can to fix the problem.

I'm no software whizz by any means, but I hope some of this has helped a bit! :)
Blunt
Minor Friendly

Post by Blunt »

Onne wrote:Firefox does indeed work a treat! I have been using it a couple of days, no problems whatsoever, it even feels quicker than IE.

Can I just remove IE completely from my PC?
I would keep it Onne...some pages won't work in FF....although most designers nowadays use it as standard....so you'll need it for those :D
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Onne

Post by Onne »

I'll keep em both. don't want to upset Bilbo! Poor chap. Probably doesn't even own a Morris Minor.
Onne van der S. MMOCno 60520 Moderator
2dr 1971 White DAF 55 (with hopefully a 1600cc engine soon)
2dr 1973 Bergina (DAF 44)
2dr Estate 1975 DAF 46 in red
2dr saloon 1972 DAF 44 in Mimosa
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Packedup wrote:Plus there are still sites which don't work too well (or at all) with Firefox because although html is meant to be a cross platform standard, it sometime isn't, well, standard :(
Usually 'cos the mighty Microsoft have introduced something which they think should be standard, but not bothered telling/asking the people who actually compose what is the standard... bit of a pain when companies (like the builders of Poser - all of them!) set up sites to sell you their software at considerable discount, and forget to make them so that they actually work with any operating system other than Windows. And then don't reply to emails when you point this out. Ever...
wanderinstar
Minor Addict

Post by wanderinstar »

I am also having trouble logging on. This has only happened over the last couple of days. Anyone know why? Have put FF on but still the same.
Ian.
Packedup
Minor Legend

Post by Packedup »

bigginger wrote: Usually 'cos the mighty Microsoft have introduced something which they think should be standard, but not bothered telling/asking the people who actually compose what is the standard... bit of a pain when companies (like the builders of Poser - all of them!) set up sites to sell you their software at considerable discount, and forget to make them so that they actually work with any operating system other than Windows. And then don't reply to emails when you point this out. Ever...
A cynic might suggest the Microsoft way of bending and ignoring cross platform standards, given their market share, is to ensure more people use their "standards", and all developers have to buy their software...

As for the login - The site seemed to have a bit of a glitch aesthetically the other day, don't know if anything else went wobbly. Might be worth cleaning out the cache and cookies maybe? :)
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Cynical? Moi? :D
wanderinstar
Minor Addict

Post by wanderinstar »

How do I do that?
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

I've only got the Mac version, the PC one may vary. With mine lt's Firefox menu/preferences/privacy/cookies (or cache) Good luck.
Blunt
Minor Friendly

Post by Blunt »

OMG...WTF?

It' happened to me..

I have to log in each time to view the site...

I've ticked the box to remember me...but does it?...DIF

I knew I should never have deleted my cookies the other day cleaning up me pc. :-?

any ideas anyone?

Mozilla 1.07
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
wibble_puppy
Minor Legend

Post by wibble_puppy »

Still happening to me too :-?

any lovely admin types spotted this thread yet? :cry: