Hi,
I've been meaning to ask this for a while: When first purchased in 2019 Sally's hubcaps looked like this:
I've seen this or similar on other Minors, usually the 'M' being painted red.
So was this ever a factory / dealership thing, or is it just owners with a tin of red paint over the years?
Best wishes,
Mike.
Morris Minor hubcaps centre
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
-
jagnut66
- Minor Legend
- Posts: 3841
- Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:28 pm
- Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.
- MMOC Member: Yes
Morris Minor hubcaps centre
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Running again and awaiting 'extraction' from the garage.....
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
1952 Morris Minor MM highlight with sidevalve engine still fitted, wants work, so joins the queue for now......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
1952 Morris Minor MM highlight with sidevalve engine still fitted, wants work, so joins the queue for now......
-
ManyMinors
- Minor Legend
- Posts: 3151
- Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:41 am
- MMOC Member: No
Re: Morris Minor hubcaps centre
I reckon that adding a bit of red paint was just something some owners did to their cars. None of the Minors I've owned had the feature and I have not seen more than one or two like that in all my years 
The reference in that other thread to "painted hubcaps" refers to hubcaps which were painted entirely in body colour for a short while due to a shortage of material used in the plating process. Many years ago I owned a sidevalve Minor with the grille, hubcaps and headlamp rims painted in body colour.
The reference in that other thread to "painted hubcaps" refers to hubcaps which were painted entirely in body colour for a short while due to a shortage of material used in the plating process. Many years ago I owned a sidevalve Minor with the grille, hubcaps and headlamp rims painted in body colour.
- Bill_qaz
- Minor Legend
- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:31 pm
- Location: Oxfordshire
- MMOC Member: Yes
Re: Morris Minor hubcaps centre
Yes sorry it was about painted hubcaps didn't fully read.
Mine came with plain hubcaps and wheel embellisher.
But the painted wheels I bought came with red M hubcaps.
Original it seems is unpainted so personal choice
Mine came with plain hubcaps and wheel embellisher.
But the painted wheels I bought came with red M hubcaps.
Original it seems is unpainted so personal choice
Regards Bill