Morris Minor hubcaps centre

Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Post Reply
jagnut66
Minor Legend
Posts: 3841
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:28 pm
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.
MMOC Member: Yes

Morris Minor hubcaps centre

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
I've been meaning to ask this for a while: When first purchased in 2019 Sally's hubcaps looked like this:
Sally as bought 7.JPG
Sally as bought 7.JPG (1.04 MiB) Viewed 396 times
I've seen this or similar on other Minors, usually the 'M' being painted red.
So was this ever a factory / dealership thing, or is it just owners with a tin of red paint over the years?
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Running again and awaiting 'extraction' from the garage.....
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
1952 Morris Minor MM highlight with sidevalve engine still fitted, wants work, so joins the queue for now......
User avatar
Bill_qaz
Minor Legend
Posts: 2392
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:31 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Morris Minor hubcaps centre

Post by Bill_qaz »

viewtopic.php?t=53178

This may help :tu1:
Regards Bill
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
Posts: 3151
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:41 am
MMOC Member: No

Re: Morris Minor hubcaps centre

Post by ManyMinors »

I reckon that adding a bit of red paint was just something some owners did to their cars. None of the Minors I've owned had the feature and I have not seen more than one or two like that in all my years :wink:

The reference in that other thread to "painted hubcaps" refers to hubcaps which were painted entirely in body colour for a short while due to a shortage of material used in the plating process. Many years ago I owned a sidevalve Minor with the grille, hubcaps and headlamp rims painted in body colour.
User avatar
Bill_qaz
Minor Legend
Posts: 2392
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:31 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Morris Minor hubcaps centre

Post by Bill_qaz »

Yes sorry it was about painted hubcaps didn't fully read.
Mine came with plain hubcaps and wheel embellisher.
But the painted wheels I bought came with red M hubcaps.
Original it seems is unpainted so personal choice :wink:
20251009_141618.jpg
20251009_141618.jpg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 140 times
20251009_145309.jpg
20251009_145309.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 140 times
Regards Bill
Post Reply