My oil filter transfer pipe is broken and need a decent replacement for the 1098cc with purolator filter.
I dont know if they vary, i believe the part number is 88G538.
Cheers, John
Oil Filer Transfer Pipe
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
-
philthehill
- Minor Maniac
- Posts: 12162
- Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 pm
- Location: Hampshire
- MMOC Member: Yes
Re: Oil Filer Transfer Pipe
The reason most transfer pipes break is that they have not been properly aligned. The utmost care must be taken when fitting the pipe - there should be no strain on the pipe and no twist in the pipe.
When fitting the pipe it is best if the end at the filter head is fitted first and then see how the banjo fits/sits on the block. Adjust the alignment of the pipe to suit. Fitting the flexible pipe a good solution but is an expensive way of curing the problem.
My suggestion is to obtain a later metal pipe and fit that. Personally I have never had a problem with the metal pipe alignment as I always take extreme care to make sure that it is correctly aligned.
You could always fit a later complete screw on filter head and transfer pipe from a classic mini which is what I fitted to my 1275cc Midget engine.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/267784237539 ... R66y366eaA
When fitting the pipe it is best if the end at the filter head is fitted first and then see how the banjo fits/sits on the block. Adjust the alignment of the pipe to suit. Fitting the flexible pipe a good solution but is an expensive way of curing the problem.
My suggestion is to obtain a later metal pipe and fit that. Personally I have never had a problem with the metal pipe alignment as I always take extreme care to make sure that it is correctly aligned.
You could always fit a later complete screw on filter head and transfer pipe from a classic mini which is what I fitted to my 1275cc Midget engine.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/267784237539 ... R66y366eaA