any value as a parts car?

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Post Reply
moran75
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2025 11:47 am
Location: UK
MMOC Member: No

any value as a parts car?

Post by moran75 »

Hi all
I've inherited a I have a 'mostly' complete 1951 Minor - i say mostly, the only part i see missing is rear window. But maybe inside the car…ill check

Interesting reg,,,i have the log book

Car is in Greenhithe , North Kent

Been outside for a long time and is obvs a non runner. Do you think it would have value as a parts car or is it too far gone , and should i scrap it? 😀
Attachments
IMG_3754 2.jpg
IMG_3754 2.jpg (132.4 KiB) Viewed 338 times
IMG_3731.jpg
IMG_3731.jpg (288.76 KiB) Viewed 338 times
IMG_3751 2.jpg
IMG_3751 2.jpg (417.47 KiB) Viewed 338 times
IMG_8338 2.jpg
IMG_8338 2.jpg (156.36 KiB) Viewed 338 times
IMG_8334 2.jpg
IMG_8334 2.jpg (173.24 KiB) Viewed 338 times
les
Minor Maniac
Posts: 9749
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:00 am
Location: kent
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: any value as a parts car?

Post by les »

Well it’s not something I could work with but hope others might be interested, I mainly posted to thank you for thinking of us !

Keith
Minor Fan
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:00 am
Location: South Bedfordshire
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: any value as a parts car?

Post by Keith »

It is an early high light series MM, signified by the short bonnet so made first few months of 1951, so it is quite rare. If you use Facebook, contact the Series MM Register, as I'm sure there will be some interest in it. I wouldn't scrap it.
I've sent you a PM.
Keith
Keith
Minor Fan
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:00 am
Location: South Bedfordshire
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: any value as a parts car?

Post by Keith »

Series MM Register contact info is also available at https://seriesmm.mmoc.org.uk/ within the Series MM Section.
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
Posts: 3558
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:32 pm
Location: Kernow
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: any value as a parts car?

Post by myoldjalopy »

Keith wrote: ↑Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:57 pm It is an early high light series MM, signified by the short bonnet so made first few months of 1951, so it is quite rare. If you use Facebook, contact the Series MM Register, as I'm sure there will be some interest in it. I wouldn't scrap it.
I've sent you a PM.
Keith
Yes, I wouldn't scrap/break it. People have restored worse looking cars than that and someone will want to save it. Its worth saving.....even if it takes many hours to do so.
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
Posts: 3143
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:41 am
MMOC Member: No

Re: any value as a parts car?

Post by ManyMinors »

Definitely would have some value as a parts car as some parts for early models are now difficult to get. Somebody might be brave enough to consider restoring it but that would be uneconomic and the number of people with the time and skills is falling.
Don't be taken in too much by registration number values. My understanding is that a car has to have a current MOT in order for the registration number to be transferred.
You could list it on this site for sale or in the club magazine or contact the specialists in the magazine perhaps.
It won't be worth a huge sum but somebody will want it.
moran75
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2025 11:47 am
Location: UK
MMOC Member: No

Re: any value as a parts car?

Post by moran75 »

les wrote: ↑Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:35 pm Well it’s not something I could work with but hope others might be interested, I mainly posted to thank you for thinking of us !
well, im a classic owner myself (65 Buick) so would really like to get it to someone who would benefit - parts are getting harder find im sure 😀
Post Reply