Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

GPO type 2 stage ladder 9' x 1' 2.5"

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
I have recently rescued from a skip one half of a GPO type two stage ladder (the other half was nowhere to be seen), it appears to be in good order, just aged and took my weight without issue when I went up onto the garage roof. Pictures below.
I myself worked for British Telecom and my father worked for the GPO and later British Telecom, after being demobbed, after WW2.
He had one of these ladders (complete -- God knows what happened to it) and used it for many years, so you could say that as well as being practical, I have a sentimental attachment, hence why I have bothered to save it.
Anyway, I shall treat it with oil, paint the metal bits black and am thinking of keeping it for occasional use.
That said it would be even more useful if it had it's second stage, the one that hooks over the rungs of the first.
So I was wondering whether anyone has the other half going spare, that they'd be prepared to let go of?
I suppose it is also possible that someone out there has the other half, for their GPO van project and is looking for the half I have.
This may get interesting.
If it is indeed the same type of course, it is 9' long and 1' 2 1/2" wide.
I look forward to any responses.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1 GPO type 2 stage  ladder  9' x 1' 2.5.JPG
1 GPO type 2 stage ladder 9' x 1' 2.5.JPG (405.22 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
2 GPO type 2 stage  ladder  9' x 1' 2.5.JPG
2 GPO type 2 stage ladder 9' x 1' 2.5.JPG (525.28 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
3 GPO type 2 stage  ladder  9' x 1' 2.5.JPG
3 GPO type 2 stage ladder 9' x 1' 2.5.JPG (960.26 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
win
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: GPO type 2 stage ladder 9' x 1' 2.5"

Post by win »

Well done Mike, good to hear I am not the only one skip surfing.
Regarding the ladder, I am sorry I cannot help you, but as you say, it may become interesting.
Regards Win
South Yorkshire