Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Blaketon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

SNF307K

Post by Blaketon »

I know the names of three of the previous five owners of my car and wondered whether any of the five have been MMOC members (I know the previous one was) and whether they are still about? I suspect the person, who sold it to me, is no longer with us. The car was bought new by Mrs Dorothy Fern of Manchester and she owned it for 20 years (I have found the car's first home on Google Street). Then a Mr Nutbrown bought it but I don't know who was between him and Alan Burrows, who acquired it in 2001. I know that I am now the longest owner of the car. If anyone knows anything of the car's history or what has become of any of the previous owners, I'd be glad to know.
Attachments
Blaketon's first home.jpg
Blaketon's first home.jpg (76.02 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
DSC03402C.jpg
DSC03402C.jpg (222.22 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
olonas
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: SNF307K

Post by olonas »

Not relevant, but before reading your post I was going to write that NF is an old Manchester registration. Without checking they used NA, ND, NE. Around 1975 I bought a new Fiat 131 Mirafiori in some garish green colour! That was NND 733P
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Contact the MMOC office and ask if they can trace previous owners of the car from club records. If yes, then they will be able to pass your details to any previous owners who are still about. No guarantee of results, but worth a try,
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Poss originally supplied by Cockshoot (don't giggle) dealer in manchester?
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

POMMReg wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:14 pm Poss originally supplied by Cockshoot (don't giggle) dealer in manchester?
Indeed it was :D. I know, from a later invoice, that the D stood for Dorothy (She kept it for twenty years and I have now passed her as the longest owner).

I don't know what the Cockshoot is for (Is is a district of Manchester?) but I know Lex were BMC/BL dealers. In Cardiff, there was Lex Motors in City Road (Had been City Motors, who had been BMC dealers but I can't recall whether Austin or Nuffield), who sold Austin/Morris/MG and Lex Mead, who sold Rover and Triumph (Not sure about Jaguar but there was also Howells, who sold BL and they definitely sold Jaguar; I recall seeing an early XJS, with an ill fitting bonnet, there).

Oddly enough, I have not long traced a car that my father bought from Lex Cardiff, which it turns out was the only one of it's type they ever sold. That made it easier to identify (Colour and time matched) and so armed with the chassis number, an item, in the MGOC magazine, turned up the second owner of the car, whose son now owns it (Via his mother, who obtained the car as part of a divorce settlement back in the 1980s). I too am the son of the second owner of YJT 601N. The other attachments tell the tale, the missing numbers being 364 (I had a feeling there was a 6 in there buy after nearly 50 years!!!). In fact, I think it will be 50 years, this Thursday, since my father arrived home in the BGT V8 (It was the last day of Summer term and looking at a 1974 calender, I think it would have been 19th July). I have always been a bit of a stick in the mud, so was never overly keen when cars were changed but it didn't take long for me to take to the BGT V8.
Attachments
Original invoice.jpg
Original invoice.jpg (185.99 KiB) Viewed 3304 times
V8 Item.jpg
V8 Item.jpg (214.85 KiB) Viewed 3305 times
OHB 364M 3.jpg
OHB 364M 3.jpg (100.88 KiB) Viewed 3308 times
OHB 364M 2.jpg
OHB 364M 2.jpg (65 KiB) Viewed 3308 times
OHB 364M 1.jpg
OHB 364M 1.jpg (81.04 KiB) Viewed 3308 times
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

simmitc wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:51 am Contact the MMOC office and ask if they can trace previous owners of the car from club records. If yes, then they will be able to pass your details to any previous owners who are still about. No guarantee of results, but worth a try,
Just had an email from the office; just the previous owner and me. If anyone knows of a Dorothy Fern, who lived at Queensway, Worsley, Manchester, please let me know.