1957 Turquoise Convertible Registration 1590 F

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
WillsMck
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

1957 Turquoise Convertible Registration 1590 F

Post by WillsMck »

I have recently acquired this lovely little car in very good original condition. It comes with it's original bill of sale so I know that it was a London car. However other than the fact that I believe it had only one owner up till 1994, that it was subsequently used for shows (as it came with a show board), and it has an Essex brach MMOC sticker on it, I know little else. Can anyone fill in any details please?

Thanks

Wills. :-?
Willie
Minor Legend

Convertible

Post by Willie »

Are you sure that that is the correct registration?
Willie
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e197/wuzerk/mo9.jpg[/img]
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by busguy »

The reverse F registration is a genuine 1957 registration number from Essex, probably Chelmsford Tax office.
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

I can pin it down further in that the 'F' numbers were first issued in Feb 1957 and were all issued up to 9999 F by April '58. This makes this car early '57 probably March/April.
WillsMck
Minor Friendly

Post by WillsMck »

Hi, Thanks yes she was registered in March 1957 from the details noted on the V5 and the original invoice which I have. However I am trying to establish what happened between 1957 and now. I bought her from Liverpool, I think the previus owner may have ought her in Reading, before that I don't know, other than I think the first owner had her from 1957 to 1994 - as the information which came with her said this. That was on a wooden board with the original invoice which had been made up for Classic shows.

Has anyone any more information?

Thanks

Wills
Linny

Re: 1957 Turquoise Convertible Registration 1590 F

Post by Linny »

Hi there

I came across your post when I searched the registration for this car, which we knew as Dumbo. It was purchased from new by my husbands Great Uncle and his wife and we have lots of photos and paperwork relating to the car.. your post was nearly 20 years ago, but please message back if you can! We would love to share info and find out about Dumbo!

Lindsey Barnes
Linny

Post by Linny »

Linny wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:52 pm Hi there

I came across your post when I searched the registration for this car, which we knew as Dumbo. It was purchased from new in Essex by my husbands Great Uncle and his wife and we have lots of photos and paperwork relating to the car.. they were part of the MM owners club.. your post was nearly 20 years ago, but please message back if you can! We would love to share info and find out about Dumbo!

Lindsey Barnes
PhilAllen
Minor Friendly

Post by PhilAllen »

Hi Lindsey,

I looked on the DVLA web site and it shows 1590F is currently taxed so it’s still out there somewhere. The last V5 was issued in 2012 and that’s the last time the car had an MOT - the last one expired in 2013. As a historic vehicle it doesn’t need an MOT any more so that isn’t a problem but with the V5 being issued around the same time it seems likely it changed hands in 2012 so the person who owned it in 2006 probably hasn’t got it any more and isn’t on here.

I believe if you contact the MMOC office in Derby they can pass a message to the current owner if the owner is a member of the club so that is probably your best option.

I hope that helps. I’m replying as I have almost no history with my car and I’d love to hear from a previous owner!

Best wishes in tracking the current owner down!

Phil
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

PhilAllen wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:59 pm Hi Lindsey,

I looked on the DVLA web site and it shows 1590F is currently taxed so it’s still out there somewhere. The last V5 was issued in 2012 with the V5 being issued around the same time it seems likely it changed hands in 2012 so the person who owned it in 2006 probably hasn’t got it any more and isn’t on here.
I don't think that means very much. The DVLA updated almost every V5 document around that time to the new blue and red style. My Minor also had its V5 replaced in 2012 because of this update although the car has been registered to me at the same address for much longer. The DVLA website will show a new V5 being issued in 2012 however :wink:
Linny

Post by Linny »

Thank you both! I will contact MMOC for sure. I thought it was worth asking about as I imagined someone would be interested! Lindsey