Child car seats

Important current announcements will appear here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
NLevoir
MMOC Member: Yes

Child car seats

Post by NLevoir »

I wonder if anyone could help me with a question about child car seats. I am buying a 1967 convertible and want to take my grandchildren in the rear seat on short local journeys. The car will have inertia reel seatbelts in the rear. I know I can’t use isofix child seats, but has anyone any experience of using child car seats and are there any you would recommend?
Neil
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: Child car seats

Post by philthehill »

NLevoir

Post by NLevoir »

Thank you very much. I was wondering if anyone had any particular child seat they would recommend as I have been told there is only 95cm of usable width across the rear seat.
I’m assuming, maybe I shouldn’t, that you can get two child car seats across the rear seat of a Minor convertible.
Many thanks
Neil
svenedin
Minor Legend

Post by svenedin »

I think you can get 2x child seats across the back seat. Whilst I had the back seat out I found these old child seat anchorages. They were from Mothercare (long gong). 1980’s.

Stephen
IMG_9158.jpeg
IMG_9158.jpeg (3.79 MiB) Viewed 12614 times
1969 1098cc Convertible “Xavier” which I have owned since 1989.

Stephen
NLevoir

Post by NLevoir »

Thank you very much Stephen.
Much appreciated insight. I’ve found a car seat that can be supplied by Halfords that is 45cm wide so two of those should fit; I hope. My grandchildren are very excited about the car.
Thank you again.
Neil
svenedin
Minor Legend

Post by svenedin »

You’re welcome and I am sure your grandchildren are quite rightly very excited! They will have tremendous fun. Mine is a 1969 convertible.

Stephen
1969 1098cc Convertible “Xavier” which I have owned since 1989.

Stephen
MikeRobert
MMOC Member: No

Post by MikeRobert »

While it's possible to use some child car seats without ISOFIX in a 1967 convertible, it's important to consult with a child safety expert or the car seat manufacturer to ensure compatibility and safety. They can provide specific recommendations based on your car's features and your grandchildren's ages and weights.

Remember, safety is paramount, so it's essential to choose a car seat that meets all relevant safety standards and is properly installed and used.