Traveller cover

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
GrahamD
MMOC Member: No

Traveller cover

Post by GrahamD »

I’m hoping to take delivery of a 1970 traveller this week - can’t wait, I have been wanting one for years 😀 it will be garaged through the autumn/winter but kept on the drive spring/summer - could anyone recommend a good cover for when it’s on the drive? Thanks Graham
Classiccars
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Traveller cover

Post by Classiccars »

There are companies around selling good waterproof and importantly breathable ones over £100.Worth spending to keep the car in good shape especially outside
panky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by panky »

My traveller is under a Stormforce cover. I wasn't initially impressed as the car deteriorated badly over one winter but I think that the rot was well established anyway. Since the restoration, including a new frame, the car has fared much better while under it and it is out in all weathers. One thing I'm disappointed with is that the the roof has developed micro blisters but this would probably happen with any cover given time.
NETTIE
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by NETTIE »

My traveller has been under a stormforce cover this winter I have now removed it im not totally satisfied with it considering how much they cost but i was warned on here that there not brilliant.
Every bright day i removed the cover approx 4/5 days apart and it was never completely dry so ive removed it now the weathers better and i will not be using it again.
THOSE WHO NEVER DO ANYTHING WRONG NEVER DO ANYTHING
Alan Bude Cornwall