Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Bubblemechanic
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Rear Hand Brake Cable support Bracket.

Post by Bubblemechanic »

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone has the dimensions and measurements for the little bracket that holds the handbrake cable steady on the support bracket on the Springs. Mine have rotted out and I want to make 2 New ones but have no references it also has a slight angle bend and they are left and Right Handed with the hole for the Nut and bolt to hold the cable in place?
Cheers Bubblemechanic
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: Rear Hand Brake Cable support Bracket.

Post by philthehill »

You can get new axle mount brackets which include the handbrake cable mount from ESM
https://www.morrisminorspares.com/rear- ... mm-p831292
I have seen repair brackets which fit between the axle mount bracket and the axle rubber pad retainer. If I find the link, I will post on here.
Alternatively, you could just remove the sides off the ESM bracket in the link above and use as reformed. The repair bracket mentioned in the above link is just that - a modified axle mount bracket. You will need right and left-handed brackets if you go down that route.

Bubblemechanic
Minor Friendly

Re: Rear Hand Brake Cable support Bracket.

Post by Bubblemechanic »

Thank's Philthehill and it is the tag that juts out the end that holds the outer hand brake cable in place that I am trying to replicate I have made a set of Brackets that are of an heavier gauge.
Hopefully with a load of Red Oxide and paint and underbody Waxoil it will last the lifetime of the car but just a little stuck with that bracket
Cheers Bubblemechanic