Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Impossible to stop water leak

Post by Mark Wilson »

Great detective work! The ends of the channels do appear to be the weakest link in the frame design, and clear drain holes are critical. I drilled extra drain holes closer to the B post in both inner and outer channels.
James k
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by James k »

And... It still leaks. There is no water entering any other part of the car, even with heavy rain and wind. The passenger side in the same position is bone dry, as is everywhere except for the rear driver's side footwell. I'm really not sure what to do with it now. I'm considering taking it to the Morris Minor Workshop and asking them to fix it if it's possible and list it for sale if it's not. It just driving me totally insane now. It leaked there when I got it, I tried numerous things to stop it, I then spent the best part of ten grand having it completely disassembled, resprayed and rewooded. New wood, new seals, new fixings, everything, and it still leaks in the exact same place and only there. It's baffling! :cry:
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by myoldjalopy »

Very frustrating. I don't know if there is anything in this video which may give you a clue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLFi1hhpzE8