Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Maurice_Minor
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Servicing in Surrey.

Post by Maurice_Minor »

Hi everybody. After 50 years I have once again entered the hallowed halls of Morris Minor ownership. This time however my dream has come true, I am now the proud owner of a 1967 Morris Minor Convertible. It is in good order & after having owned lavish, heavy German cars for decades, it is so nice to once again go careering around the roads of Surrey in a Moggie once again.
As far as servicing is concerned, I must admit I am a little rusty as it were & I was wondering if anyone can advise me of either a person or a garage in Surrey which can fully service & MOT the car.
Also what kind of money would such a service cost.
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Re: Servicing in Surrey.

Post by Myrtles Man »

Whereabouts in Surrey are you?
Maurice_Minor
Minor Friendly

Post by Maurice_Minor »

Leatherhead area.
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

You could try Chris Flack on 07739 209929; he's a mobile motor mechanic and I have no hesitation in recommending him. He's a very good mechanic and, equally important, he's an honest man who will tell you whether or not a job really needs to be done. Unsurprisingly he's also a very busy man which may prove problematic. Another firm recommendation from me would be Allwood Engineering (Tony Allwood - a long-term owner of a Triumph Stag) in Woking, 01483 740743.
Pete Bags
Minor Fan

Post by Pete Bags »

I've used Chertsey Minors a few times after using a few other outfits over the years. They are a couple of minutes off J11 M25 at Chertsey, so just 2 junctions from Leatherhead. Very reasonably priced, Pete and Nigel are a very safe pair of hands to look after your Minor. Had some work done and the MOT with them just a few weeks ago. Highly recommended! 01932 568822 :tu1:
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

You have a PM Pete.
Maurice_Minor
Minor Friendly

Post by Maurice_Minor »

I've seen Chertsey Minors on Google, but I'm a little troubled that even after being in business for 20 years, I can't find a single review for them. Does anyone know of they traded under another name previously or perhaps were solely involved in restoration rather than servicing?
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

There are plenty of positive comments on the MMOC regarding Chertsey MMs going back to at least 2004.
Use Google to find the comments.
Here is your starter for 6:-
viewtopic.php?t=5209
As regards reviews - ba humbug.

Maurice_Minor
Minor Friendly

Post by Maurice_Minor »

The 2 comments you posted are to do with restoration & welding. I can't find any to do with basic every day Morris Minor servicing either on MMOC or Google.
I must be looking in the wrong place I guess.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

There are more positive comments on the web not just the two for which I have posted links but you will have to use the search facility both on the MMOC web site and on the wider web.

http://www.chertseyminors.co.uk/

They cover everything that you would require to service and maintain a Minor.

NETTIE
Minor Fan

Post by NETTIE »

Hi it can be very rewarding to do a bit yourself parts are very reasonable and there's loads of information on how to do it
Congratulations on your fine purchase.
THOSE WHO NEVER DO ANYTHING WRONG NEVER DO ANYTHING
Alan Bude Cornwall
cplnobbie
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by cplnobbie »

I personally would look elsewhere lot of problems' with my Morris since it came back missing parts that it went with, rubbish paint job as already flaking off, parts not welded on that it needs plus they farmed it out to another to do the work.
svenedin
Minor Legend

Post by svenedin »

cplnobbie wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:44 pm I personally would look elsewhere lot of problems' with my Morris since it came back missing parts that it went with, rubbish paint job as already flaking off, parts not welded on that it needs plus they farmed it out to another to do the work.
Who did this?
1969 1098cc Convertible “Xavier” which I have owned since 1989.

Stephen