Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MorrisJohn
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Lanoguard

Post by MorrisJohn »

Anyone here used lanoguard and can attest to its performance? Never heard of it before. https://www.lanoguard.co.uk/collections/moto
A bad day with my Volksie still beats a good day at work!

https://www.glasgowmoggies.com
geoberni
Minor Legend

Re: Lanoguard

Post by geoberni »

I've not heard of it either.
It's by no means a huge company, I took a look at their accounts filed at Companies House; it's only a small concern.
Been a Private Limited Company since 2011, just the one director.
Good marketing presence with the facebook page and website.
Basil the 1955 series II

KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

Lanoguard is talked about a lot on the Land Rover forums and gets positive reviews. People say to renew it every year.

King Kenny
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by King Kenny »

I used to work for a company that used a similar product to protect steel valves from rusting. I use to borrow some and used it to paint the underside of my Traveller. It smelt nice and was very runny. I even mixed it with Waxoil. Both worked fine.
1969 Traveller in Almond green. Owned since 1979.
philipkearney
Minor Fan

Post by philipkearney »

I don't think it's been around long enough for people to confirm its long term success. It certainly looks good and people's experiences of applying seems to be good. It is quite thin, so easier to apply than waxoyl, but the downside is, it will probably need annual applications.
hanvyj
Minor Fan

Post by hanvyj »

I just used some on my new modern car (moggie is undergoing restoration).

Found it pretty simple and easy to apply, gets a nice mist and it's good and runny. Smells of sheep for a week afterwards!

Been on there all winter and it seems fine but I haven't had a proper look and what can you really say about a rust inhibitor after such a short time?

That said, lanolin based rust inhibitors like "fluid film" have gotten good reviews over in the states, so I'm hopeful. Saw a few reviews of those on trucks over a few years and it seemed to do a good job.

I really hate the underseal on my moggie, so after restoring it I'd probably rather go for something like this. It'll need a yearly application, but it's pretty transparent and I want something I can see rust issues before they get bad, and it's an ordeal to remove like underseal.
taupe
Minor Legend

Post by taupe »

Has multiple uses :o

You can apply lanolin cream or paste directly onto your nipples or any affected areas on your areola anytime you are experiencing nipple pain, or as a preventive measure

T :wink:
don58van
Minor Addict

Post by don58van »

Here in Australia where sheep currently outnumber people by 3 to 1, lanolin cream has long been used at a topical treatment for skin problems (yes, including nipples :oops: ). Low viscosity forms are widely used now for rust prevention on cars, boats and all sorts of machines and structures exposed to the elements. It is also touted as a good lubricant, anti-seize agent and penetrant too. It seems to have a good following here where high ambient temperatures mean that wax based protection is not always practical. Updated forms of fishoil treatments are still popular too.

Don