Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Classiccars
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Wildlife

Post by Classiccars »

No such thing as a seagull just gulls o am advised.And leaving food well someone or something has to eat it or it probably would end up.in land fill knowing a lot of companies
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Classiccars wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:19 pm No such thing as a seagull just gulls o am advised.And leaving food well someone or something has to eat it or it probably would end up.in land fill knowing a lot of companies
I don't think they were too upset by me calling them seagulls, the "Toasties" and "Muffins" didn't last long, one DID leave a note upon flying off....it read "thanks for the food, however, we would like to be referred to as gulls"🤣
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Next time he comes for food, give him a note saying — “What are you doing near the sea- gull ?

JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

Good topic, can’t stress the importance of access to fresh clean water enough, the birds like to drink and bathe during the day and hedgehogs drink it at night, which sadly get killed by unobservant and uncaring drivers. Important time of year for them all rearing young. Same with insects.

Basil
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I won’t win any awards for picture quality here, taken through kitchen window but I had to be quick !
0D7C5591-8E7C-4F0F-AEA2-0CC98FE04533.jpeg
0D7C5591-8E7C-4F0F-AEA2-0CC98FE04533.jpeg (695.76 KiB) Viewed 90 times

POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Yep, we have a young 'un regular visitor, though sneaking out to leave food for it without the missus catching me is a pain....."encouraging vermin, next thing we'll be overun with them".....🤔🤣

Feeding mice quite a hoot too....
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

The other day I saw some ‘vermin’ disposing of a half eaten burger some retard had thrown on the pavement. A refuse collection service, at no expense to the tax payer ! What would we do without them ? :-?

stuffedpike20
Minor Fan

Post by stuffedpike20 »

We have a strange attitude to wildlife in the UK in that we tolerate alien invasive species, even though they sometimes create terrible problems for indigenous species.....
The UK has gone soft.
Classiccars
Minor Fan

Post by Classiccars »

Guaranteed the gulls appreciated it.