Dead Traveller wanted

Found a Minor in a scrapyard? Let us all know about it and exactly where it can be found.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Miinisandminors
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Dead Traveller wanted

Post by Miinisandminors »

If anyone happens across a dead post 62 Traveller, preferably in the south west i really need a LH complete B-post. Whatever is there, Its probably going to be better than my rust ravaged one... Theres probably one sitting on a farm ora breakers somewhere thats only good for parts and in an ideal world i could go along with a hacksaw....
scandalpete
MMOC Member: No

Re: Dead Traveller wanted

Post by scandalpete »

Hi, Ive just noticed your request. I am disposing of a Traveller which I started to dismantle donkey years ago !! Change of houses, wife etc etc and the car is still in a barn albeit with surface rust because I had the lower half grit blasted. The car can be towed because the front suspension is off and I've fixed a tow bar between the front bumper fixings and the gearbox support. I have a number of photos but not sure how to show them. Since Ive only just today registered on this forum not sure if I can give you a personal email. In addition to the chassis I have original BL wings, and a pile of parts. All the doors etc and in good shape. Let me know if you're interested. I'm not looking for any money for the chassis. Reasonable amounts for the other stuff.
Can't remember the age of the car but it has a 1098cc engine. It cost me £100 in about 1980 and I ran it until it needed an MOT - you could watch the road through the holes in the floor !!
Miinisandminors
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Dead Traveller wanted

Post by Miinisandminors »

Hi, thanks very much but i've now found one and welded it in!

Thanks anyway.

https://britishclassiccars.wordpress.com