Post details of Rallies, road runs and other events here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
CaliTrav
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Donington Historic Festival - May 1-3 2020

Post by CaliTrav »

Just wondering if anyone was going to this?

A group of us went last year and really enjoyed it. It's a bit different from your usual Classic Car meet and the spectacle of actual racing was a definite bonus.

Any classic car club can register - members get 1/2 price entry and free infield parking as part of the stand. There were loads of clubs there last year - everything from the 'racing cars' you might expect at a historic festival and also the more mundane stuff - like the Vauxhall Viva club - so we must be eligible!

There's also no charge for the club to sign up, so it's win win really. The only snag is that it needs a 'club official' to register on the link below by Sunday 12th April.

http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/car-club-info/

Anyone on here have enough 'power' to register on behalf of the MMOC? :D
rustanov
MMOC Member: No

Re: Donington Historic Festival - May 1-3 2020

Post by rustanov »

CaliTrav wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:41 pm Just wondering if anyone was going to this?

A group of us went last year and really enjoyed it. It's a bit different from your usual Classic Car meet and the spectacle of actual racing was a definite bonus.

Any classic car club can register - members get 1/2 price entry and free infield parking as part of the stand. There were loads of clubs there last year - everything from the 'racing cars' you might expect at a historic festival and also the more mundane stuff - like the Vauxhall Viva club - so we must be eligible!

There's also no charge for the club to sign up, so it's win win really. The only snag is that it needs a 'club official' to register on the link below by Sunday 12th April.

http://BROKEN LINK, DO NOT FOLLOW/

Anyone on here have enough 'power' to register on behalf of the MMOC? :D
Ein Freund von mir hat einen Ford Taunus P7 Club. Ich teilte sofort den Link mit ihm. Ich hoffe, ein Beamter kann sich auch hier für uns registrieren.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Just bit of info for everyone about this.
A) I've looked at the link Calitrav provided last year and it is now linking to the same event scheduled as for 1st/2nd May 2021

B) However, if you click on the same link, in the quoted post, it's been manipulated to actually go to a German site that's to do with German caravans & motor homes (clever little so and so this new person, waiting over a week since they joined the forum before spamming).
Their comment actually reads
A friend of mine owns a Ford Taunus P7 Club. I immediately shared the link with him. I hope an officer can register for us here too.
So as a Spammer, they're maintaining their cover to the end......

and
C) I've flagged it with the Admin/Mods to get them chopped from the site as a Spammer.

Vielen Danke Rustanov :wink:

Admin/Mod - Fell free to delete this post to :lol:
Basil the 1955 series II

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

The spammer is now banned, and I've broken the link. I'm leaving his post plus Berni's explanation as it's quite instructive. I will also lock this topic. If anyone wants to have the spam post removed, then feel free to contact me.
dantournay
Minor Friendly

Post by dantournay »

That's me booked for the Sunday and I can hardly believe it - somewhere to actually go!
So looking forward to a day out at DHF in the moggy and not a german motorhome :D

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

This is now about the 2021 Show

Not sure this can go ahead as it's 1-2 May.
CALLING ALL CAR CLUBS!

Displays from car clubs of all sizes are always a fantastic feature of the Donington Historic Festival, creating a living motoring museum at the event. For 2021 we are once again offering a great package designed to save your members money, give them a really memorable time and give your club a strong presence at the event.

If you have a specific request for your club, please don’t hesitate to contact Karen Coe, our Car Clubs’ Co-ordinator by email or call +44 (0)7540 725821.
IMPORTANT DATES:

Club ticket sales close at 5pm on Sunday, April 25th 2021
England's timetable says 12 April for 'Zoos, theme parks and drive-in cinemas' but 17 May for "Performances and large events".
Basil the 1955 series II

Propshaft
Minor Fan

Post by Propshaft »

Unfortunately I think this event has been cancelled I spoke to someone at the track about two weeks ago and she seemed to think it was going to be cancelled I will check today, I was looking forward to going
dantournay
Minor Friendly

Post by dantournay »

Oh no, I've just bought tickets.

This is their statement from the 5th https://news.donington-park.co.uk/state ... march.aspx but I fear you may be right. I was due to be racing that weekend but it was pulled as the local council wouldn't grant a licence to hold the event until after the 17th. If it is the case then hopefully it'll just be pushed back a couple of weeks / months rather than a whole year

Fingers crossed it still goes ahead

dantournay
Minor Friendly

Post by dantournay »

Confirmation yesterday that it is now off :(

"New guidance was issued by government on Tuesday 6 April which contradicts the previous position that spectators would be permitted at non-elite sport events from Step Two of the roadmap (12 April onwards). Regrettably, that means the Donington Historic Festival will now be run behind closed doors, with only essential personnel in attendance."

Oh well, another event deffered for next year. See you there in 2022 :D

dantournay
Minor Friendly

Post by dantournay »

279356703_10158772477418193_2359762665183191016_n.jpg
279356703_10158772477418193_2359762665183191016_n.jpg (630.5 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
After two years of we finaly got to the event and were the only Morris on the Sunday :D
It's a brillant event and well worth going to.
Anyone else make it on Saturday?