Fasteners for the boot boards

To share thoughts, ideas and inspirations on the subject of councours, judging and how to restore your Minor to showroom condition
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
rudging
MMOC Member: Yes

Fasteners for the boot boards

Post by rudging »

Hi, I have looked in the threads chart but I can't find anything on the fasteners for the boot board on a 1970 4 door. Everything was missing from my car. Clearly small fasteners, not self tapping because of the holes. Anybody know what they look like? - thanks - Colin
Andyhereford
Minor Friendly

Re: Fasteners for the boot boards

Post by Andyhereford »

Colin
My boards were fitted with an assortment of different fixings. I suppose the originals have been lost over the years. I used some u clips and “ brass” screws to replace them ( from e bay). They look quite neat. You need some form of screw that is fairly recessed / flat so it does not protrude above the boarding too much and of course something that will screw in without needing to position a nut behind it.
Good luck
Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

viewtopic.php?t=67149
The second post down shows them in a saloon (I can confirm that mine too were this arrangement, mines a '64 car mind) - if they're all missing from yours be thankful, means you don't have to cope with chewed, rusted heads :D
rudging

Post by rudging »

Hi magic, thanks just what I needed - Colin
burton boy

Post by burton boy »

I have usually come across 2ba countersink crosshead screws sometimes captive nuts on the main T Frame frame. They are like the captive nuts for fixing the wings also 2ba. The others are self tapping countersink crosshead