FUEL TANK SENDER and dials

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Suzukimorris
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

FUEL TANK SENDER and dials

Post by Suzukimorris »

Hi, just a quick question regarding fuel tank senders if anyone has any idea. I have a 56 split so one of the last ones. With the supercharged project i need to modify my tank with fuel returns etc, im thinking of going with one of them large capacity esm jobbies. AT the mo, i have a modified triumph spitfire sender (on the morris fuel tank) on a seperate gauge becuase when I did the suzuki engine conversion I had to use a digital speedo. Thinking if going back to the old dial as there are kits to run a ford gearbox on the standrad dial, but heres where i need help. I know the series 2 used a different fuel sender so my question is
A, are these still available as ESM has fuel sender for 64 and onwards . I know when i looked back when it origianlly went faulty they were alot more expensive and it was due to the speedo not having some sort of capasitor or something on the back.

B, Can i get a later sender and modify the speedo fuel gauge to read the new sender.

C, by a 64 onwards sender and by a 64 onwards fuel dial and retro fit it to the splitscreen speedo?

I think it had a black speedo dial if that means anything.

cheers