Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
steven.miller2
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Roses Run 2013

Post by steven.miller2 »

Thanks Josh. It was a great day out the weather was superb great scenery, I drove the the convertible roof down all day, until you passed me putting the hood up on the A64. Glad you enjoyed it, see you next year.
IslipMinor
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by IslipMinor »

fantastic Run
Totally agree with that. Excellent organisation, lots of very friendly Minor owners and passengers, great scenery and superb weather just to top it off.

We only found out about it a few days before, so were a very late entry, but the round trip of more than 600 miles was very well worth it.
Richard

keithSB
Minor Friendly

Post by keithSB »

This years run was a second and a wonderful weekend, marvellous organosation in a relaxed atmosphere, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will be recommending it to anyone we can get to listen.

many thanks for an unforgetable run

Regards

Keith and Doris
Minor Fan

Post by 1098 »

I can only agree with the comments posted. The run took in great scenery. The hotel in Morecambe,the clifton,was great,serving up a great evening meal,and a great cooked breakfast. The organisation was spot on,routes etc. I didn't see one Minor fail,a testament to British engineering,the route was a bit demanding,so well done to all the cars,Vans,Pick up's,as well as the drivers.
It would have been great to watch all the Minors arriving in Scarborough,but as I was driving one, I couldn't,but it must have been a great sight.I was joined on the run , with my mate from Oxford,who half way round, said " I'm doing this again next year"
So, the run has two new regulars. A great social gathering, of Minors,and their owners,everyone was so friendly,and chatty. Our thanks, to all, who organised what was, a great day out ! And well done to the 803's ! :D not as easy run for that engine !
steven.miller2
Minor Friendly

Post by steven.miller2 »

Thanks for your kind comments 1098, glad you enjoyed the run, look forward to seeing you next year.
steven.miller2
Minor Friendly

Post by steven.miller2 »

The Roses Run website has been updated, it includes your entry form for next years run which is on the 21st September 2014, this year it starts in Scarborough and the finish is in Morecambe, The route is mostly over quiet back roads ideally suited to classic motoring !! also the photos section has been updated with the 2013 run photos, the link to the site is http://roses-run.tripod.com/ Hope to see you all at Scarborough in 2014.
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Great pictures Steve :) and a brilliant website and Gallery