Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mal c
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Where to go!!

Post by mal c »

Hi, been considering buying a Traveller for a while now. When I search on line for dealers (prefer to buy from a dealer)
it is dominated by C. Ware. Bristol. Who else in the South (Hants) are active in the sale of Morris Minors?
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Re: Where to go!!

Post by aupickup »

un have woodies in chichester sussex
esm at stonegate in sussex
also on here in the for sales
an of course ebay
mbo145
Minor Fan

Post by mbo145 »

The first thing I would do is join the Morris Minor Owner's Club. You will then have a list of contacts of the local clubs in the south, there are always cars for sale at a local level and members do hear of cars for sale. There is always a for sale section in the Minor Matters, bi monthly magazine, which comes with your membership,these for sale adverts are mainly put in by members too. Good luck!
My 1956 Series 11 Traveller! Bought when I was 17 (1985)....sold 6 years (1991) later......bought back 9 years after that! (2000) With 6 different owners in the middle, what a lucky boy I am!
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

aalso minor monthly
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

You will always pay a premium (sometimes a HUGE premium) at a 'dealer'. Some very nice Travs on here for sale.
ImageImage
mbo145
Minor Fan

Post by mbo145 »

If I had to buy one now, I would try to buy one of someone like me who has spent a great deal of time and money on my lovely car, also if you find a genuine private vendor, they will know the car really well, there are plenty of club members that will visit cars with you! If I was a bit closer to you, I would! :D
My 1956 Series 11 Traveller! Bought when I was 17 (1985)....sold 6 years (1991) later......bought back 9 years after that! (2000) With 6 different owners in the middle, what a lucky boy I am!