Pedro, my 1970 morris minor (MODIFIED)

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
rossrox
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Pedro, my 1970 morris minor (MODIFIED)

Post by rossrox »

im temporarily back online, until my computer messes up again that is -_-
but unfortunatly, i havnt got much progress to tell you guys, but i think i need a new drivers chassis leg, there seems to be a big dent on the underneath of it, its not rusty, im just abit sceptical about driving with it like that when i finish p to the edro pedro, ill take some pics possibly later on,
OH and i have mice living in poor pedro now :evil: bloody things are everywhere!!! :evil:
...............................................ЯR................................................

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

right been a month since i was last on :S
no progress at all :( i lost loads of confidence and motivation to do it, mostly because i lost my job a few months back, but im starting uni in september which is bringing back a fair bit of motivation now :)
so first of i cleaned my garage as it has been piling up with loads of useless bits and bobs,
my plans are to buy all my bushes for the rear end, get suspesion tacked up on the rear, cut out then weld up the rear arch wing nuts as they are completly nackerd and then look about the front chassis leg issue...

progress soon!!! i promise :P
...............................................ЯR................................................

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

ordered all my parts to get the rear end down on the ground, so hopefully the tail end of this week i should be welding up the rear suspension, so should be nice to get some progress done, shame im moving away from my car in 2 weeks for uni :(

Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

Sounds good, glad to see the project is still moving along. Have you decided for sure on an engine yet? Doing it yourself or buying a rwd kit for it?
___Anne___

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

im keeping my engine idea wide open for the time being, as im going to be at uni for the next 6 years theres not going to be that much progress going on it, so when i come to start working on it again there may well be a better engine to choose from, although from where i stand i do like the sound of a 2ltr bike carb'd supercharged zetec ;) time will tell i guess.

Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

Your just going to leave the car sitting for 6 years??!! Seriously?! Also if going forced induction throttle bodies rather than bike carbs would be a better bet.
___Anne___

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

well its going to get my attention in the summer holidays when im living at home again rather than uni halls. your probably correct, however i need to do a whole bunch of research before i deffinatly decide anything, its going to be slow and expensive, but if you have passion it will be worth it :D

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

:D PROGRESS!!! but no pics :(
today i got the axle on leaf springs and got it all fixed on to the car and have started on the rear suspension, which is a little harder than i expected... going to be working on it flat out for the next week or so to get the rear suspension finished,
got to cut out 4"X4" holes for the struts,
tack weld the sruts into place,
tack weld the strut brace in
then tack the radius arm kit on,
then alot of seam welding... although my seam welding is s*** so will probs end up hiring some one to do it for me...
will try to get some piccies up tommorrow.

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

what a big flop. my local b&q have stopped selling dremel parts so now cant actually cut anything :( if i order parts from ebay they will probs get here about tuesday wednesday =/ and considering im moving to wolverhampton for uni on the 3rd means i probably wont be able to finish the suspension... :(

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

I have done a little bit of photoshopping to see if i could make the sort of thing i want when finished, sorry if i used your pic to start off with.

Plus i messed up with the back wheel... its obviously pointing a different direction.
what i started of with, found on flickr
[frame]Image[/frame]
what i finished with. not too sure about the wheels but meh
[frame]Image[/frame]

I personally love it.

Fingolfin
Minor Legend

Post by Fingolfin »

Cute! :lol: Not the word for it, I know. Tall, squat, and handsome, I think is the phrase. 8)

Add some phosphor or LED strips (so long as they don't look segmented), and it'd become something out of Tron.
The way to a man's heart may be making food, but the way to my heart is buying me car parts!
Come read about my Minor at An American Moggie.

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

well looks like i shall be going home for christmas so will... WILL!!! finish the rear suspension off!!! i miss working on poor pedro :( i go to wolverhampton uni and live in wolverhampton, so im about 150 miles away from pedro. also i bought tickets for the Footman James classic motor show at the NEC at birmingham, any one else going???

chrisryder
Minor Legend

Post by chrisryder »

rossrox wrote:i go to wolverhampton uni and live in wolverhampton, so im about 150 miles away from pedro
i had no idea wolverhampton was so big! :lol:
rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

why's that??? you from wolvs???

chrisryder
Minor Legend

Post by chrisryder »

nevermind.

not from wolves, but not far away, south Birmingham.
rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

ah right

rossrox
Minor Fan

Post by rossrox »

Parts now being stripped! If you want anything PM me

Suzukimorris
Minor Fan

Post by Suzukimorris »

What ever happened to this? Why the strip down of parts?

irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

I think bits were sold on another forum off this car