How to post a photo

You can use this area to advertise a Morris Minor.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
NB Replies are not permitted in this forum. When posting advertisements, please ensure that you provide a phone number and/or email address for replies. Remember also to check your Private Messages on this Board.
LouiseM
MMOC Member: No

How to post a photo

Post by LouiseM »

Something that is frequently asked in the For Sale forum is how to post a photo, so I thought I'd make this a 'sticky' here.

How to upload a photo:

When posting a message you'll see an 'upload picture' box at the bottom left of the text box.
Click on the 'browse' button and find the photo on your pc that you wish to upload.
Click the 'preview' button to check that your photo has uploaded.
Press 'submit' and hopefully we'll all be able to see your photo

To upload more than one photo at a time just follow the above procedure and click on the 'preview' button every time you wish to upload a new photo then 'submit' when all the photos are loaded.

The forum automatically resizes photos to a maximum of 640 x 480 but if your photo will still not load (or you just get a blank screen) it is probably because it is too big so try reducing the size of your photos on your pc before posting.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
d_harris
Minor Legend

Re: How to post a photo

Post by d_harris »

Just to add, if you need to resize a photo it can be done very easily in MS Paint (Load The image, click tools from the option above, then stretch / skew, and set stretch to say 50% - this will reduce the image to 50% of its original size) Make sure that you save the image before trying to upload again though. 8)

alex_holden
Minor Legend

Post by alex_holden »

Or if you have a Mac running OS 10.5 (Leopard) or newer, you can resize them using the included Preview application.

Finder->Applications->Preview
Open the photo you want to resize.
Tools->Adjust Size...
Select 640x480 from the Fit Into menu.
OK.
File->Save As...
Enter a different filename (so you don't overwrite the original).
OK.
ImageImage
Alex Holden - http://www.alexholden.net/
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer.
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

I'm going to lock this thread for now to keep it simple. If you have anything you think needs to be added then PM me and I'll unlock/add as appropriate