Search found 5 matches

by Splitty-Moggy
Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:51 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Engine identification please.
Replies: 13
Views: 226

Re: Engine identification please.

Just been outside to check and I’ve found same code as yourself so 1100 and I took a picture of the gearbox if that can tell me anything also? Thanks again for any information.
Henry.
by Splitty-Moggy
Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:24 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Engine identification please.
Replies: 13
Views: 226

Re: Engine identification please.

Thank you all very much for the information, it’s appreciated. I’ll take some photos tomorrow inside and show the gear stick and tunnel etc, can I check any information from looking at the the gearbox casing also? Ill start ordering some bits now i know its either the 948 or 1098. Is there anything ...
by Splitty-Moggy
Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:07 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Engine identification please.
Replies: 13
Views: 226

Re: Engine identification please.

Thank you for the speedy reply, the original engine number on the plate is completely deteriorated sadly. From looking on google where the 950 is usually stamped it looks like mine is a blank plate. So I’m not 100% sure where to go in regards to confirm. Thank you for the advice on the battery that’...
by Splitty-Moggy
Fri Oct 02, 2026 3:18 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Engine identification please.
Replies: 13
Views: 226

Re: Engine identification please.

IMG_6705.jpeg
IMG_6705.jpeg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 224 times
IMG_6706.jpeg
IMG_6706.jpeg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 224 times
by Splitty-Moggy
Fri Oct 02, 2026 3:16 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Engine identification please.
Replies: 13
Views: 226

Engine identification please.

Hi all, newbie here and to the world of morris minors. I’ve just bought my 1st one a 1956 series 11. It’s been left standing for the last 6 years so want to give it a good service and carb clean etc etc. Looking at the engine it doesn’t appear to be the 803 from the research I’ve done. I’d really ap...