Search found 275 matches

by Biggles1957
Sat Sep 19, 2026 2:07 pm
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: Engine Bay Smoke
Replies: 11
Views: 1786

Re: Engine Bay Smoke

That's the breather pipe.
by Biggles1957
Fri Sep 11, 2026 9:00 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Chirping traveller doors
Replies: 4
Views: 878

Re: Chirping traveller doors

Get a real budgie and keep it in the back! :D
by Biggles1957
Sat Jun 20, 2026 2:51 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Cracked Steering Wheel
Replies: 16
Views: 4948

Re: Cracked Steering Wheel

I second Milliput for that job.
by Biggles1957
Thu Jun 11, 2026 1:48 pm
Forum: Other
Topic: Nangkang Tyres
Replies: 17
Views: 20388

Re: Nangkang Tyres

I've had Toyo and Bridgestone but Blockley's are far better in every respect. Ride and roadholding superb - can't fault them
by Biggles1957
Wed Jun 10, 2026 8:31 am
Forum: Electrical
Topic: Could these be the original HT leads?
Replies: 8
Views: 6950

Re: Could these be the original HT leads?

Your engine steady bracket is upside down!
by Biggles1957
Wed Jun 03, 2026 12:09 pm
Forum: Other
Topic: Tyres
Replies: 10
Views: 14714

Re: Tyres

Blockley's without a doubt! By far the best I've had on a Moggie and great service too.
by Biggles1957
Tue May 12, 2026 8:14 am
Forum: Other
Topic: Exhaust modifications
Replies: 6
Views: 16961

Re: Exhaust modifications

I have a marina combined inlet/exhaust manifold and a HiF38 and the correct air cleaner, together with a Maniflow exhaust specially made to fit the manifold if you're interested? I was going to fit it all to my Traveller with a 12G925 head that I have ready to drop on to improve performance somewhat...
by Biggles1957
Fri Apr 03, 2026 9:06 am
Forum: Bodywork
Topic: Wood frame colouring
Replies: 5
Views: 8824

Re: Wood frame colouring

Osmo oil will give you a lovely light ash colour - and protect the wood really well - without using any stain on the bare wood.
by Biggles1957
Fri Jan 09, 2026 9:36 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Tips for removing adhesive lettering
Replies: 19
Views: 43057

Re: Tips for removing adhesive lettering

WD40 is effective on a lot of sticky things! Dental floss to 'saw' the letters off, then WD40 on the residue
by Biggles1957
Tue Nov 11, 2025 5:21 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Tyres
Replies: 0
Views: 75735

Tyres

I have just visited Blockley Tyres today to get a set fitted to my Citroen CX wheels. I had a set on my traveller and they are simply the best tyres I have ever had on a Moggie without a doubt. Everything on their website about the tyres for Morris Minors is spot on. Julian happened too be there and...
by Biggles1957
Mon Oct 06, 2025 10:49 am
Forum: Electrical
Topic: Heated front Screen - Wiring Calculations
Replies: 7
Views: 75850

Re: Heated front Screen - Wiring Calculations

On my previous Traveller I fitted front and rear heated screens wired through relays and an illuminated two way centre off toggle switch. I did that so that you couldn't put both on at once and hence draw a lot of current, and anyway the front screen was so good it rapidly defrosted and then I didn'...
by Biggles1957
Fri Aug 01, 2025 8:34 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Whats in a name
Replies: 21
Views: 11928

Re: Whats in a name

My first Traveller was Monty, but I nw have a grandson called Montgomery so can't use the same name for my current Traveller! My other grandson has named this one Toby...
by Biggles1957
Mon May 26, 2025 9:02 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Electronic Ignition
Replies: 38
Views: 22275

Re: Electronic Ignition

I don't think that is an Accuspark electronic dizzy - it looks like one of their standard (points) replacement dizzy's. Maybe you bought it just to have in case of emergency (a bit like Paddington's marmalade sandwiches...)
by Biggles1957
Tue Apr 08, 2025 3:17 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Tyre rotation (between front & rear axles)
Replies: 8
Views: 7954

Re: Tyre rotation (between front & rear axles)

Generally not an issue on Minors but of course you can't do this if you have directional tyres fitted on moderns!
by Biggles1957
Thu Feb 27, 2025 5:42 pm
Forum: Other
Topic: Painting New Parts (or not)?
Replies: 7
Views: 111166

Re: Painting New Parts (or not)?

Just put some WD40 on the sticky labels (scratch them a bit if they're 'plastic coated' and leave it to soak while you have a cuppa. They come off dead easily and it won't affect the paint beneath.
by Biggles1957
Thu Jan 16, 2025 4:23 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: 52mm battery powered time clock
Replies: 13
Views: 14303

Re: 52mm battery powered time clock

I had one in my previous traveller - it was almost like a pocket watch but had a silicone rubber ring around it is it slotted into an instrument mount. I think I found it on the Bay of E. I'm afraid I can't remember the make - most likely Far Eastern of course but it was pretty reliable and lasted a...
by Biggles1957
Sun Nov 10, 2024 4:54 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Best tyres for traveller
Replies: 3
Views: 1668

Re: Best tyres for traveller

Blockley - best tyres I've ever had on a Minor
by Biggles1957
Sun Nov 10, 2024 4:54 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Electronic ignition
Replies: 10
Views: 4219

Re: Electronic ignition

I fitted an Accuspark to my traveller - never had any problems whatsoever with it - it was my daily car for several years.
by Biggles1957
Tue Oct 29, 2024 2:29 pm
Forum: Electrical
Topic: Traveller Heated Rear Windows
Replies: 10
Views: 6355

Re: Traveller Heated Rear Windows

They're on order but haven't arrived yet. They're the proper heated glass ones, not stick on. I asked the supplier when I ordered them but they didn't know! I'll check the resistance when they arrive and work it out.
by Biggles1957
Mon Oct 28, 2024 10:14 am
Forum: Electrical
Topic: Traveller Heated Rear Windows
Replies: 10
Views: 6355

Traveller Heated Rear Windows

Does anyone know if these are wired in series or parallel please? I can't remember from when I fitted them to me previous traveller....
Thanks, Bob